• painted miniatures by Julianne

    WIP Azazel (part 2)


    Continued work on Azazel. I worked on the extremities here - the dark feet and the claw. And then,. as I was unsure of color schemes, so I decided to work on the wings. It took a while :)

    I started by basing the wings in a bright red, and blocking out some of the darker tips as well. While the wings will be white, white paint is not completely opaque so the red will filter through slightly to provide a light pink tint.


    I then put the white layer and began work on shading in pinks and reds, one side of a wing at a time






     I'm going for an albino cardinal effect, using this photo as inspiration:

    With the wings done, I was free to quickly do up the clothes - I decided on a white with a bluish-green tinge as a counter to the pinky-red.




     

    About

    Blog Archive