• painted miniatures by Julianne

    WIP Lupa Part 4


    This weekend I dedicated to her hammer. Now, the model cast originally had a bubble in the haft of her weapon, a big enough one that I had to get rid of it and effectively cut the hammer in two. A bit problematic, but it meant that her hand holding the hammer was able to be attached to the model.

    I started by taking a couple of references pictures of how the hammer looks in the harsh light. I'll put those references pictures side-by-side on the actual painted piece, since I painted the hammer angle-by-angle.


    First one I worked on was the top of the hammer:




    The sides of the hammer




    Then the flat of the hammer:


    Then finally the base.




     This is a retro-active post; unfortunately I did not take photos of the other steps in her process - especially the metallics and her braids.


     

    About

    Blog Archive