• painted miniatures by Julianne

    WIP: Greater Nurgle Demon/Great Unclean One


    I didn't want to make the Nurgle the traditional green colour scheme. Green is not actually the colour of rotting flesh - pink/purple/black is. So I wanted to stay with the fleshtones and introduce green as a contrast to the warm pinkyness.

    Here, I had painted all the oozing, open sores and started on the flesh. I had lightly painted over the red wash; while it's not evident in the picture, the paint didn't cover entirely, so it had a red-tinge to some areas.The shadow here is  Reaper MSP Rosy Skin; the base is Reaper MSP Fair Skin

    Additional contrasts in Reaper MSP Green Ochre to counter the redness (also, you can see the bone in the back)


    I realised that the red tinge was really effective, so I did a wash of Reaper MSP Field Shadow to give instead a green base. I also completed the arm, and you can see the green in the shadows also.



    Too much time went between photos, but here the skin, claws, and horns are complete. I began to add redness around all the sores, using Reaper MSP Violet Red

    This is a much better picture of the contrasts. I made sure to make the green more prominent deep within the folds of his legs and hindquarters, where the rolls of fat would fall.

    It's not completely noticeable, but the pustules got more definition, the tongue was shaded, and he gained eyes, deep, bloodshot eyes like glimmers of fire sunken deep into the hollows of the sockets. He is done, waiting to be based!


     

    About

    Blog Archive